Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Week 7 of Fire Up For Fall

Happy Halloween ! 

My positive Thought for the week is a weight loss cartoon--  made me chuckle when I read it.  Some days I wish it were true.
Weighing laying down Pictures, Images and Photos

Questions for the week:
What have you done this week towards your goals? - This has been a crazy week and I have not done much as I have been on call to go help my daughter with her needs as a new mother. 

My goals:
  •  Be accountable by participating in Challenge and Blog weekly -  I am doing this--although I did get last week's questions done two days late because of my granddaughter's early arrival
  • Decrease weight by 10 pounds - I maintained my weight from last week
  • Pay attention to body signals. Eat when hungry -  I've been snacking way too much.  I need to get a handle on this
  • Exercise at least 4 times a week - No exercise this week unless you count playing with my 3 year old grandson.
  • Sleep at least 7 hours a night - This was accomplished more or less
What have you done this week to make yourself feel fabulous?  - I have been a grandma, loving on my grandchildren.

How do you pull yourself out of a slump or prevent yourself falling into one?  Generally speaking I keep myself very busy and satisfied with my life/work to prevent falling into a slump, but once in a slump I either go re-connect with the things I love most--my family, then my closest friends.  I call my children, or visit my grandson to play for the afternoon.  I also find that if I help someone else, I feel better. I find a way to reach out to those less fortunate than myself. It helps me to count my blessings.   There is always someone worse off than me-- basically, I get an attitude shift.

Are you naturally positive or do you have to work at it?  How do you keep yourself positive?   I am a pretty positive person.  I have been blessed and I try to remember that. I always try to look for the silver linings in things.  I also have the perspective that even the tough things in life teach us something that will ultimately lead to our good - we just need to see it.  Sometimes this is a lot tougher in practice, and that is where my faith steps in.

If you could go away anywhere tomorrow ( and work wouldn't get weird) where would you go?  Any change of scenery along with good friends or family would be welcome!  The suspension of work duties and responsibilities combined with the companionship of loved ones is most refreshing.  Where doesn't matter.  If forced to name somewhere - with unlimited funds I would go somewhere farther than a close drive --maybe Canada or take the train to Chicago.  If funds are limited, I'd stay close by  and just get a change of scenery--perhaps to my aunt's farm or my sister's home.


Three weeks to go --




 

No comments: