Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Crisis Averted (sort of)

I was at the store today and the seasonal display kept calling my name.  Why is it when you don't have the time or the money to shop, you see all the cute things that you would love to have?

Then I saw them.  Stacks and stacks of candy for trick-or-treaters. I looked through the aisle to try and find some candy corn and candy pumpkins see what they had.  Last week in a different store I had to quickly walk by this candy - why do they put the candy that tempts me so on the end of the aisle where it can be plainly seen from miles many vantage points?



But I resisted the urge to throw the bag after bag after bag in the cart, and instead bought
three Halloween T-Shirts.  True, I could have had eight bags of candy for the same price of the shirts, but I felt good about resisting the urge for sweets. Besides, the shirts will last longer. 


Price of Candy Corn: $2.00
Price of  T-Shirts:  $25.00  
 Sticking to my Goals: Priceless









No comments: