Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

SlimDown Challenge 2012




I've joined my area's Slimdown Challenge- loosely based on The Biggest Loser. 

There are teams and we have properly weighed in with starting weights under the watchful eye of officials.  There will be incentives throughout the challenge and teams are encouraged to motivate one another.   Scales are left at the weighing locations so that one might go and be official.  You have a card that you scan, add your pin number, then step on the scale.  Voila!  Your weight will be officially recorded and documented.  You may also enter your own weight in from your computer after weighing yourself from home.  The crux is-- At the end of the challenge, everyone will be weighed again under the watchful eyes of the officials.  There are prizes for the top team and top individuals with the difference between your official starting and ending weights  being the measurements.  

On the web page your individual percentage of weight loss is made public along with your team's average percentage of weight loss.  There is a personal stat page that is private and it includes actual weights, BMI, and links to various resources. 


My team will probably not win - not that I am self-defeating, but we are just not as competitive as others involved.  We also like to partake of some culinary pleasure occasionally :) 

I added a list of weeks on the side bar of my blog to keep track of weeks and help keep me accountable.  I officially weighed in April 25.  I have decided that my weigh days will be Wednesdays. 

I have also added a badge from My Fitness Pal where I track my food and fitness (when I remember).  I began this on March 25, so it will not match the challenge numbers. 

I am ready to slim down for this challenge!  I think having friends to keep me accountable will be a good thing !

No comments: