Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mid-Month Goal Update



Time is flying by! 

In a previous post I list these goals for September:
  • Journal Food honestly 
  •       I am doing this 95% of the time 

  • Strength train 2 - 3 times a week. 
  •       I have felt bloated and uncomfortable, so I have not been going to strength train.  I want to lose      a few more pounds before I get back to it. Perhaps next week I will start again.

  • Walk or other cardio 3 - 4 times a week
  •       I've been walking at least 3 times a week.  It helps to have the Step Challenge to motivate me and I will probably do more the last half of the month.

  • Join the Step Challenge
  •        This has started and I have joined.  Yeah!
     
  • Step Goal 9/17 - 10/1 daily average of 5000 steps
  •       It has just been a few days, but so far I have walked over 5000 steps per day.  


    I also started attending Weight Watcher meetings.  I think the accountability and the support of meetings will help me stay on track with my weight loss.   I have little routine right now and it gives me too much opportunity to snack out of boredom & depression.  Once I start, I get on a binge and find it hard to stop.  I am hoping with these meetings, I will police myself better.   I also have 2 friends who are going with me.  One of them are also doing the step challenge with me. 

    What strategies do you use to nudge you along when you are stalled in your journey?

    No comments: