Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

I can decide to break the chain

Recently I came across an unattributed quote in a blog and it resonated with me in a big way.  (If you know who I can credit it to, please share!)

The quote can apply to any area of life, but for me it speaks about staying on track with my eating plan and exercising.  My plan for a healthy life.

The quote reads    "One bad morning does not make for a bad day. One bad day does not make for a bad week. One bad week does not make for a bad month. You decide where the chain stops. "

Let me repeat the last line.   You decide where the chain stops. 
YOU.
Who?
YOU

Emphasize the You.  You decide where to stop it. 
Not my family, the doctor, the checkbook, the friends, but me.  

Now emphasize the next word.  Decide.   You  decide where the chain stops. 
This is a choice.  Very simple.  Am I going to stop it quickly or am I going to wallow in it and let it go on?  All I need to do is decide to get back to the plan. 

Now emphasize the next word. Where.  You decide where the chain stops.
I can let it go on and on -- shall I stop it in the morning or at lunch, maybe on Monday.  December 31 is always a good time to stop it- that is why we have the New Year's Resolutions.  Where shall I stop this bad day. 

Now emphasize the last word.  Stops.  You decide where the chain stops.
Finished, done, kaput.  It is over.  Believe it. 

When my plan gets nudged by life, like a train getting derailed--I only need to decide where to stop the runaway train.     I don't need to just sit by like a passive bystander and watch it do damage as it rushes on.   

Decide.  Believe.  Keep on the right track.  
 

No comments: