Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Simmering Summer Challenge Week 2

SSC - Week 2 Weigh- In

Week 2:  -2

Dropping these 2 pounds wasn't easy. I fought cravings everyday.  When I first began this journey ( January 2010 ) I had cravings for 2 -3 months before they subsided to nearly nothing.  They started out strong then slowly dwindled.  I hardly thought about food.  But this week I found myself desiring the taste of foods.  Not really hunger--stomach was fine-- but I wanted the food in my mouth and I wanted to taste it, chew it and finish it off.  I believe this can be attributed to emotional eating - stress, boredom, anxiousness, etc. 

The most difficult time -- my weakest time to give in to the cravings is in the late evening.   I am happy that I lost 2 pounds.  That is my weekly goal, but that still puts me behind for my monthly goal.  I need to try to make up a couple pounds if I want to hit my challenge target. 

Stars for the Week: 
  • I went to the gym and worked out 4 out of 5 days this week.  On the 5th day I mowed my yard in 95 degree heat and humidity like a sauna, so I will consider that a good workout as well!  It was well over an hour of cardio.    
  • I was more mindful of my food choices.  I didn't sit and just stuff my face.  I knew and made a conscious decision to eat that extra slice of pizza on Wednesday and the brownie on Thursday.  But I also resisted getting ice cream all week.  It was a struggle! 
Steps for next Week:
  1. Continue to make mindful healthy choices to help me pass though this cravings stage.
  2. Do not weigh myself more than 3 times, so I become number obsessive.
  3. Drink more water to help with the cravings and any hunger.

How is your week going? 

No comments: