Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Simmering Summer Challenge 2011

It is time for a Simmering Summer Challenge! 
I am going on a trip in August and I have 5 weeks to work on this challenge before I head off to sunny Greece!

My goal for these 5 weeks is to lose 10 pounds and become more fit & tone.  I will lose some inches since June 27th when I last measured myself.   I will weigh myself on Fridays with the weigh-in dates being:
  • Week 1: July 8
  • Week 2: July 15
  • Week 3: July 22
  • Week 4: July 27
  • Week 5: Aug. 5

To accomplish this I will do the following:
  1. Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night at decent hours. I tend to get off-balanced especially during summer months, so I will try to go to bed by midnight.
  2. Do not deny myself any food, but eat mindfully and make healthy choices.  This will mean having a plan to help avoid eating without thinking. For me this will look like few processed foods and little sugar.
  3. Be sure to get enough protein.  I found previously that if I did not eat enough, I would not lose weight. Keeping some type of food journal is important. 
  4. Stay hydrated.  This means water mostly, coffee and tea.  The more water the better.  Often times we think we are hungry, but really we are thirsty.
  5. Incorporate exercise and movement.  Ideally 5 - 6 times a week, but lets be happy with going to the gym at least 3 times a week.  The 6 times can be things done at home - walking, playing, doing wii fit, mowing, etc.  

I will add more tomorrow about my strategies and my story to date.  How do you plan to stay on your weight loss journey this summer?  

No comments: