Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Simmering Summer Challenge Week 1

SSC - Week 1 :  Weigh - In

Week 1:  + 4 pounds 
I am pretty disappointed in myself.  I struggled this week to keep to most of my action plans. 

  • Some of my sleep was interrupted with insomnia.  My plan is to try and be in bed by midnight, but even as I write this post it is after midnight.  This is an area I will keep working on. 
  • I think I was mindful as I ate this week, but I had a difficult time controlling my indulgences. I found myself wanting to snack - usually late at night.   The thing is--I don't think I am hungry.  It is a desire of the mouth, not of the stomach, if that makes sense.  Almost a stress reliever too.  This is something I have to analyze and be more diligent about.  I need to be stronger in this area. 
  • I didn't write anything down.  Probably because I knew I wasn't eating right.
  • I did not go to the gym even once this week.  They were closed on Monday, the 4th of July, and the other days I just blew it off.  This is another area I need to analyze a bit more.  I have been going with a friend and it seems that it is easier for me not to go when I go with a friend.  The opposite of the whole psychology of having a friend for accountability. 
I had planned to write more often this week and I didn't.  It is almost liked I have rebelled.  From the Friday to Tuesday, July 5  I had gained 7 pounds.  This in part was Independence Day celebration foods and ice cream cravings.   Some had to be water gain or hormonal though. The rest of the week I spent trying to lose the weight.  By Friday, I got down 3 pounds so that I was only 4 pounds up from the previous week.  *sigh*   

This weekend I haven't eaten well either.  But I am cleaning out the refrigerator and cabinets of foods that will sabotage me tomorrow.  I am going to go to the gym at least 3 times this coming week.  Hopefully I can make up the lost ground.

No comments: