Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

My New 9 Week Challenge


March 10th I went back to the Doctor for my check up.  My goal had been to lose 25 pounds.  According to my scale that morning, I had lost 25 pounds exactly.   By evening time  and on a different scale--a doctor scale  ( aren't those notoriously set higher? ) -- it showed I had lost 23 pounds since the last time I was there.    Either way, I consider that a goal met.   Yeah!  

Even the doctor gave me a pat on the back.  Better than a lecture anyday.  He also added that since the weather was warming up I should start getting outside and exercising, walking more.  Okay, okay.  I get the message. 

My blood pressure was uncharacteristically low for me this time.  I wonder if losing the 25 pounds had a part in that.  I really expected the blood pressure reading to up a little since I feel a lot of stress and pressure at work. 

I return to the doctor in 2 months and I would like to lose an additional 20 pounds in that time.  I haven't been keeping the food diary as I had wanted, but I am tracking my weight on a weekly basis.  I also need to add more vegetables to my diet and also up my water.  I seem to feel very dry most of the time. 

My new 9 week challenge :   
  • lose 20 pounds 
  • drink at least 24 oz water daily 
  • do some kind of exercise at least 2 times a week 
I know we are to exercise more--but I figure if I start with baby steps-- I'll be more likely to make the goal.   I can always do more!   Same with the water.

Keeping the long term goal in mind, but focusing on a short term goal. 

What is something that you have done to help you stay motivated or helped you in your weight loss journey?   

No comments: