Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Journey begins

I went to the doctor in mid-November and that is the weight that starts this journey. Of course, doctor scales seem to always be too high and this scale was no different.  I'd like to say 100 pounds too high, but that would be exxagerating a little much. :)  I set a short-term goal of losing 25 pounds.

 Anyway, the problem with starting a diet in mid-November is the holidays are just around the corner!  No fair ! I watched what I ate carefully until right after Thanksgiving---and that meant no stuffing --let me say it again--NO STUFFING!  Ack!  I LOVE stuffing!  But I was good and had not even a taste. 

Before you pat me on the back, let me confess that I then decided in December to not be so careful with my food choices  through Christmas.  I didn't want to give up Christmas goodies that always seem to brought to work and call to me at the grocery store.   I vowed to not touch egg nog, anything with nuts, or cranberries.  It wasn't so much of a sacrifice because I don't consume those things anyway.   Now that the holidays are over, I can get back to being serious about eating better.  That being said, I still have lost a total of six pounds (on my scale) since that doctor visit.  Woo Hoo!

1 comment:

K.M.L said...

That's awesome Mary! Congrats! You can do it!!!