Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Just Do It

I have a gym membership. I pay a monthly fee in order to use their equipment.   The plan when I enrolled in this membership was to carve out a time to visit and work-out.  That plan has not materialized.

When I joined the gym they were running a special and that is also one of the reasons I signed up-- knowing that I wanted to go, and it was now cheaper to go,-- and maybe if I knew I was paying the dues I would feel guilty enough to make myself go.  *sigh*

I have all the excuses.
I am too tired......
My schedule isn't consistent so it is hard to make a time.....
I don't want to have to change clothes.......
There is no good time........

But I also know that we do what we want to do.  If we want something bad enough we make it a priority.  So the truth must be that I really don't want to go to the gym. It is not a priority for me.

I need to change this mind-set.  I have had the right mind-set before, I know I can get it again.  What is stopping me?

I received an email this week stating my gym is getting some new equipment.  Maybe this can be my catalyst to getting back in the routine.  Maybe I need to go check out the new equipment.

Maybe this will get me out of this rut.  In the words of Nike, I need to "Just do it."


How do you get yourself out of a workout rut? 
  

No comments: